In these terms and conditions ‘we’ and ‘us’ mean the Isle of Man Government. References to the Isle of Man Government in the these terms and conditions include, where appropriate, references to any Department or Statutory Board (as defined in the Interpretation Act 1976) and to any person or body holding office under the Crown in right of the Isle of Man.
The website is maintained for your personal use and viewing by Isle of Man Tourism Division, Department of Economic Development:
Department of Economic Development
1st Floor, St George's Court,
Upper Church Street,
Douglas, Isle of Man,
IM1 1EX, British Isles
Telephone: +44 1624 686400
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Isle of Man. Any dispute arising under these Terms and Conditions of use shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Isle of Man Courts.
In interpreting these Terms and Conditions of use:
- The use of the singular includes the plural and the use of the plural indicates the singular
- It is not intended that the headings should be taken into account and
- An Associated Business means a business assisting the Isle of Man Government in the provision of goods or services which the government is responsible for
Online booking services and promotions
When using VisitIsleofMan.com you may access online accommodation availability to make bookings which are delivered by a third party, or view special offers available from the Tourism Trade Industry. Each of these services and promotions will have their own terms and conditions or end user licences that apply to that service only. Users of any online service should make sure they have read the relevant terms and conditions before completing that transaction.
Visit Isle of Man Social Media Policy
Visit Isle of Man social channels are run and monitored by the Department of Economic Development Marketing Team with the aim to promote the Isle of Man as a tourist destination and as support for tourist trade with an interest in the Island’s tourism. We use a range of social networks to share, inform and engage with our target audience in order to communicate with wider consumers, predominantly off-Island.
The channels are monitored during office hours from Monday to Friday, and we aim to respond to all queries within 48 hours when possible. In order for the Department to continue to use this method of communication it is important that all users follow this social media policy.
- Do not disclose or reveal any personal information regarding anyone who is not in the public eye
- Irrelevant content and spam may be removed by the channel administrator and reported
- Foul language and offensive comments can be removed by the channel administrator
- Show respect for other users’ views and opinions
- Posts that contain factually incorrect information may be removed by the channel administrator
- Promotion of on-Island events may be shared at the discretion of the channel administrator when deemed suitable
- The channel administrator has the right to remove, block and/or report users who persistently break the above rules
- The liking and sharing of posts by other users and pages does infer support or endorsement of their views.
We will like, share and re-post content posted by others when the information contained is deemed relevant to our target audiences and helps to promote the Isle of Man as a visitor destination. As a government department we have to be extremely careful about the content that we publish, so as not to be bias to one person/ organisation and so please don’t be offended if we don’t repost something you have asked us to.